AREPO, in collaboration with the project Strength2Food, is organizing a virtual workshop on “GIs and public goods: experiences and recommendations“ that will be held on November 16th 2020, from 9:00 to 13:00.
The objective of the workshop will be to present and discuss with AREPO members and other GI stakeholders and policy makers the results and recommendations delivered by the Strength2Food project.
The workshop will start with a plenary session with presentations on Strength2Food results and it will be followed by discussion groups that will be organised in several languages to facilitate the exchange, depending on the language of the participants.
The agenda will be as follows:
- 9.00 – 9.10 Welcome and member presentation
- 9.10 – 9.30 The Strength2Food Project for the sustainability of GIs, Prof. Matthew Gorton, Newcastle University (UK)
- 9.30 – 9.50 Policy Recommendations, Prof. Konstadinos Mattas, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, (EL)
- 9.50 – 10.15 GIs and Public goods: a strategic guide to improving the sustainability and the economic value of GIs, Prof. Filippo Arfini, University of Parma, (IT)
- 10.15 – 10.30 Break
- 10.30 – 11.30 Break-out sessions: discussion among AREPO members
- 11.30 – 11.45 Break
- 11.45 – 12.15 Feedback from break-out sessions
- 12.15 – 12:40 Feedback from AREPO Scientific Committee & general discussion with AREPO stakeholders
- 12.40 – 13.00 Conclusions